Showforge™ brings native MacOS workflow benefits to lighting and motion control programming. From simple animatronics, to complete shows with lighting and media playback, Showforge™ is built from the ground up for Weigl hardware and based on industry standards for integration with larger systems.
Showforge™ Download links (for Production USB key versions only):
Download Current Production Version via Dropbox** (US):
Download Previous Production Version via Dropbox** (US):
Download Stream Deck Template (standard size):
Version 1.2.1 Release Notes:
• Multiple bug fixes related to point editing.
• Bug fix related to USB/Bluetooth game controllers in non-catalina OS versions.
• Rollover editing percentage and advanced 'set value,' point functions.
Version 1.2 Release Notes:
• Point Editing Mode - inter-envelope point level data manipulation of analog, digital and DMX tracks. Within this new mode, individual or multiple points can be copied, pasted, moved and new points created by double-clicking.
• OSC support for workflows requiring external access and HMI support. No external bridge software required. Simply capture and link OSC inputs with the same simplicity as the current MIDI, keyboard and joystick input process within Showforge™.
The following issues have been resolved:
• Potential app crashes related to splitting and trimming envelopes, drawing lines which connect envelopes, adjusting audio track properties during playback and out of play range timecode playback.
• Potential for copy and paste functions to stop function after pasting groups in the Layout tab.
• DMX option in the Add Single Output menu was missing for ProCommander® AX.
• Improvements to file management processes to ensure temporary app support files are deleted after use.
• Potential inaccurate screen representation of analog output level lines after splitting envelopes.
Version 1.1 Release Notes:
1. Network Adapter - previously located in the project settings pane, this new location provides immediate real time status of the connected and available networks.
2. Groups Pane - a list of track groups and their current mode status, allowing for entire groups to be quickly enabled/disabled and mode status to be changed by clicking on the mode status icon.
3. Play and Record Range Toggle - enable/disable play and record ranges. When disabled, transport markers are active. Upon enabling, transport makers are inactive.
4. Play Range Start Field - displays play range start time.*
5. Play Range End Field - displays play range end time.*
6. Record Range Start Field - displays record range start time.*
7. Record Range End Field - displays record range end time.*
8. Play and Record Range Time Functions Menu - right-clicking on any of the play or record time fields reveals
options for locking time, setting time to current playhead position, and resetting range to the full timeline.
9. Output Devices Pane - a list of all project devices and their current connection status. Mirroring the Outputs Tab
in Project Settings, this pane offers immediate access to connection status which are as follows:
• Green = connected
• Red = not connected
• Yellow = connection socket failed
• Gray = connection unknown (ArtNet and Character View devices currently display as unknown status, with full status functionality available in future releases)
10. Zoom to Play Range and Record Range - two new zoom tools have been added for zooming to play and record ranges.
11. Speed Control - Adjust speed of recording and playback from 0.1 to 2x speed (analog function between steps). Current speed displayed at right of slider.
* All play and record range times can also be adjusted manually by clicking on the respective field and typing in values. These fields are also accessible via keystrokes (See the keyboard shortcuts in the Project Settings pane).
Additional new features Include:
• Ability to slide entire play and record ranges along the timeline by clicking and dragging the play or record range
• Live Track Mode is now possible while the timeline is playing with other tracks in any mode.
• Additional keyboard shortcuts have been added for the new play and record range functionality.
Please Note: Some of the previous default keyboard shortcuts have been revised to better accommodate this new
functionality. Refer to the Keyboard Shortcuts in the Project Settings. All keyboard shortcuts are user configurable. • App start up window is now resizable to allow for longer file paths to be displayed in the recent projects pane.
The following issues have been resolved:
• Potential app crash when enabling the DMX test slider in the Outputs Tab.
• Group status at right end of group header was not displaying initially in Edit mode upon opening an existing
• Duplicated timelines could potentially have missing ArtNet values during exporting.
• Several drawing issues related to envelopes with trimmed edges.
• A track in latch mode would continue recording outside of the record range.
• While in Touch mode, a track’s output percentage reflected stored data, rather than the actual new data being
ingested during record.
• Playhead triangle could become separated from its vertical line in some instances of zooming and exiting the
Project Settings window.
• Track Status Off Mode disappearing in Edit Mode.
• Potential “Missing dongle” message when launching Showforge directly from a project.
• Bodnar Joystick Board inputs 7 and 8 failing to be recognized.
• Record Mode not returning to Play Mode for a track when looping.
• Any entered track values (default, min, max) were being reset to default values when duplicating or re-opening a
• ArtNet values failing to play upon looping within a track.
• Mis-representation of shaded areas outside of the play ranges when switching between shows.
Version 1.0.11 Release Notes:
- NEW! Drawing tools for timeline editing and content creation (analog & digital):
- NEW! Catalina sidecar support for Apple Pencil drawing and sliding.
- Digital content tools: Drag to create digital state status change in the on or off duration within envelopes.
- Analog content tools: Draw to create, modify or interpolate between envelope data. Combine with powerful right click and envelope optimization tools for our fastest workflow yet!
- NEW! Output test and adjust during setup (sliders and test buttons to eliminate guess work while adding hardware I/O
- NEW! Improved zooming and scaling during editing
- NEW! Streamlined labeling process during setup
- NEW! Network status check icons
- NEW! Quick capture keyboard shortcuts
- NEW! Streamdeck support/templates
- Issue during DMX record from digital input fixed
- Mirroring improved
- Improved Ease-in for show transitions (lighting and analog motion control)
- Dark mode improved support
- Upload to ProCommander® AX
- Fixed group naming
- Fixed group fold/unfold
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Update for addressing in ProCommander® Units to address DMX output change.
Production release version 1.0.6:
- Includes support for all Weigl devices
- Includes show export and upload
- Requires dongle for unlocked use. Contact Weigl sales for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively, requires App Store subscription (when available in your region)
- NEW! Combined slide editing tool for re-position audio and animation data
- NEW! Mirrored outputs for virtualization and repeat movements/data - data virtualization
- NEW! Visual device setup and live input log and capture
- NEW! Ini show logic builder for fast show exports
- NEW! ArtNet timeline recording, with multi-universe editing tools
- NEW! MTC/Network timecode sync during timeline use and export
- NEW! Data visualization and routing methods
- Various bug fixes and improvements
- In app updating and version checks
Input quick setup and scaling:
New! Visualized device and routing setup:
Showforge in action w/Characterview add-on software:
** More information on hosting services.